• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Your-So-Serious-

Your-So-Serious-

Senior Community Member & MC

• Community Member
  • 1,882 posts

Hello guys,

I thought i would put up a post of who i am and where i've been.

I joined Veritas Gaming when we moved away from the clan Shadow Companion (A totally different story there) back in May 2010. I started off as a squad member for Phantom Squad in the Call of Duty Division - Modern Warfare 4. Over the time i progressed into becoming the Squad leader of which i joined very much. We used to do weekly Gamebattles of which we got into the top 8 i think it was.

I used to have general roles around the VG site as well. I used to be the Warrant Officer and deal with all the awards requests and announcements as well as  Validation at one point.

I moved away from COD and become the Killzone Division Officer. Killzone was a good game but everyone slowly lost interest and we all went our separate ways. By this point i had a few life changers. i was just finishing school, i had exams to take, colleges to apply for and a job to find, as well as new girlfriend to keep happy - Been together near on 4 years now. The solution for this was becoming the Game Officer for Minecraft. A role where i was not dedicated to weekly practice session, or where i would have to rush home to make sure i'm online ready to start. This role was quite laid back in that respect, but i still had to keep the server up and running, learn the insides of plugins and how they all work, fix the ones that don't and find ones that don't work well with each other. Although i didn't have to make it back in time for practices, i could easily loose a Saturday early morning to mid evening updating bits, adding new games and general maintenance.

It got to a point where i started a new job and worked unsociable hours, 5am starts in the morning or late finishes in a after noon shift, 1am. With the little spare time that i had sitting down to look at some minecraft code did not take my fancy. Eventually i stepped down allowing new and more enthusiastic members to take my place.

I got into battlefield on the PC and come back to VG for a while as a flexi but lost interest in that.

A little about me:

I'm Ollie, 20 years old and from the south of England. I use to do a lot of graphics design of which i had a signature shop here in VG and made over a total of 80 signatures for the members. Not sure if you will be able to see the link as i believe it was archived - http://www.veritasga...-graphics-shop/

I'm into a motorsport called Drifting, i started off in a 1.6 Mazda Mx5 and now i've moved into a BMW e36 318 with a 1.9 140BHP engine swap. I did have a progress thread of the MX5, maybe ill do one for the BMW if anyone's interested. - http://www.veritasga...ad/#entry123067 - https://www.youtube....5th4gaOkEsaykfQ

I've given up on consoles, i'm into PC gaming,  of which i think i'm gonna put some more time and even money into my current rig, the thread needs updating - http://www.veritasga...build/?p=117310

I want to get back into VG, i'm finding i enjoy COD AW on PC really good and want to play comparative within VG. I will be taking the next steps into see who plays it and when next.

I hope this all clears everything up, if you have any questions just ask. I hope to stay around longer this time!

\\Serious.

Posted Image
Sig by me.
My PC build.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Coluejack

Coluejack

MC mod & VG Prestige 1

• Server mod
  • 619 posts

Welcome back!  It's great to add some depth on our membership that returns, especially someone with as much activity as yourself.

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,005 posts
  • Timezone:MST
Welcome back YSS! Glad to see you back. Theres many more PC gamers in VG now so I dont think youll have any trouble finding peeps to play with.

I was curious about what happened to your car. I liked keeping up with your progress. I would def sub to the beamer topic too.

Maybe you should start another sig shop if you have the time. There hasnt been an active one here for a little while.

Good to see you back. :)

Sent from Samsung Mobile using Tapatalk

Your-So-Serious-

Your-So-Serious-

• Community Member
  • 1,882 posts

Welcome back YSS! Glad to see you back. Theres many more PC gamers in VG now so I dont think youll have any trouble finding peeps to play with.I was curious about what happened to your car. I liked keeping up with your progress. I would def sub to the beamer topic too. Maybe you should start another sig shop if you have the time. There hasnt been an active one here for a little while.Good to see you back. :)Sent from Samsung Mobile using Tapatalk

So I had the 1.1 saxo, enjoyed that being a new driver etc. I then moved onto the 1.6 mazda mx5 that I was learning to drift in. I loved that car it was great fun!

I was in need of more power, plus it's nice to have a boot. I bought the bmw for £220 with suspected head gasket gone. The wheels alone are £200 so was more of an investment. The engine was a silly 1.8 with 106 bhp, I got a cheap 1.9 engine with 140bhp. Got some hsd suspention that's £800, the cars stripped out and gets thrown round a track every other week. When the off season of drifting in July I will be fitting a 2.5 engine that's good for just over 200bph and is a 6 cylinder.

I'll get a progress thead up soon

Posted Image
Sig by me.
My PC build.

LicensedFool

LicensedFool

WT GFX & VG Prestige 1

• Web Team
  • 1,584 posts

Only 106 bhp out of that 1.8L? My FZ-09 put more power to the chain out of the crate. How much does that Bimmer weigh because the 2nd Gen (1998-05 or something like that) Mx5's weigh as much as a matchbox car and put out just as much torque. When it come to gliding across the asphalt on a cloud of smoke, I would much prefer more torque+light chassis to HP. Unless of course, you are also trying to beat someone else around said track.

Your-So-Serious-

Your-So-Serious-

• Community Member
  • 1,882 posts

Only 106 bhp out of that 1.8L? My FZ-09 put more power to the chain out of the crate. How much does that Bimmer weigh because the 2nd Gen (1998-05 or something like that) Mx5's weigh as much as a matchbox car and put out just as much torque. When it come to gliding across the asphalt on a cloud of smoke, I would much prefer more torque+light chassis to HP. Unless of course, you are also trying to beat someone else around said track.

Bmw do a lot of detuning, say the E36 e323 is the same engine as the 325 only detuned and restricted. I drove the car only a few times with the 106bhp engine in and the mx5 was hands down more quicker and a lot more torque and that was a uk version at 90bhp. The BMW is stripped  out so i don't know how much it weighs. Ill do a progress thread now.

20140723_185125_zpslm3vat4w.jpg

Posted Image
Sig by me.
My PC build.