72 days later

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

IREWolfman

IREWolfman

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 1,408 posts

Can't believe it has been that long already. Yet at the same time I feel I have grown and been accepted in VG to date.

Before I talk more about VG I want to give some background on my gaming history.

It all started back in the days of The Amiga, Commodore 64, Amstrad   

and continued every year up to the NES,SNES , Sega and finally all 3 PS. Plus both Xbox and 360.

PS3 and 360 started my online gaming but it was PC that started it first. My first PC was in 95 but it wasn't until Quake 3 and Unreal that my FPS started on PC.

My first clan was called Black Ops Mercenaries or BOMSF. They created a mod for BF2 which is still used today and reminds me a lot of BF4. When BC2 launched I started playing with a group of guy from the battlefield forums. EAs forums. We got so big that I created our own website which later help us become a clan. BFF, because of the routes of the first 6. With BF3 alot of the clan didnt make the switch. And after 4 years now only a handful remain.

We had our own server for a 1 year, then I found Luetins server and started using his. From already following his Youtube. And hearing him chat about VG I was interested. But still had my clan to think of.

I merged my Clan with another which had some old members. We ended up sharing websites. But what I didnt realise was they were just after my members. 

After I was ousted and even lost my site, The other Clan Leader had same privledges and banned me. I recreated my site some BFF members wanted to keep there tags but they were told to change, so

they returned to BFF. I let the clan know my plans on VG and said if any wanted to join then do. I left the battlelog and website open as a memory for the past 4 years.

All are still on my FL today.

With VG I found the same ideals, plus ideas I was trying to implement into my clan. I found everybody welcoming. It is easy to find somebody to play with when you go online.

And you always, well 99% of the time get the gameplay yoy expect.

VG is always looking forward. All its members have an input of some kind. And there is no one person says final, its the Clan as a whole as it should be. Sure some important stuff needs deciding by staff but thats also good that members know everything is in order.

My life has been as crazy as my gaming life at the same time.

4 years ago I was healthy, then I fell on ice and injured my back. I get nerve blockers to help pain. I also banged my head and the same time and get headaches 24/7. So I talk medicine to control them but on top of that I get disabilitating migraines. My eyes were also affected from the fall causing me to wear glasses.

So since then I've been unable to work. I was also at uni the time of the fall as I had become redundant.

Wasn't all bad I met my wife the same time. Over the past 4 years we has gotten married and had our first child. Married 2 years March next year. Our girl is currently 2 months.

So with all this, VG was a chance for me to start fresh. Plus as I have started as XO to now, this give me a role to help out. Only 2 months in here's to the next 10.

IREWolfman XO

Lloyd

Lloyd

Senior Community Member

• General
  • 1,142 posts

It is crazy how 4 years can change your life in many ways. Great read and its a pleasure to have you in VG!

IREWolfman

IREWolfman

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 1,408 posts

Thanx lloyd

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,005 posts
  • Timezone:MST

I really enjoyed this read IREWolf! It brings to light what sets VG apart from many communities out there. Veritas Gaming, Latin for Truth for those who don't know, was born from similar circumstances to yours. Right from the start, the founding members wanted to create a place where everyone from admin to community members have a voice and no one person has the authority to oust another. As a collective I believe we all have the maturity and intellect to make a community that is free from the encumbrances that many others lack because of inexperience and lack of devotion to the community as a whole. Glad to have you in the CoC! :D

Guest_A5H_FU13AR_*

Guest_A5H_FU13AR_*
  • Forum Guest
I joined vg just yesterday and reading people's stories has made me realise this is such a great move for me I wanted new friends and still compete and learn at a high level vg sounds like the place I can call Home to see my gaming family great story
  • DynamiteTiger likes this

Guest_NewGameXP_*

Guest_NewGameXP_*
  • Forum Guest

It's crazy much you accomplished in just 72 days in VG. I loved reading this one. Great to have you in here. :)

Thu-en-apah

Thu-en-apah

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 1,887 posts

Great Story! IREWolfman...and Congrats on your NEW bundle of Joy.  I too am expecting, well...not me but da wifey-pooh haha!, our first baby boy, next March. 

Enjoyed battling with ya the other day...and I'll say it again, Great Call-Outs on enemy positions and armor locations.  Really helps out on the next movements and decisions.  Look forward to one day battle with ya again.

Apah :watching: >---,,->

"What's wrong with the World Today is....No One drinks from the Skulls of their enemies anymore"

IREWolfman

IREWolfman

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 1,408 posts
Thanx Thu-en-apah, my daughter Imogen is nearly 4 1/2 months now. On top of that this weekend I'll be here 5 months.