This Has Taken Way Too Long And Its Going To Be A Mini Novel Lol

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

well its been long enough that i have put this off and i think i shall say that its been a good almost three years of putting this off. i cant believe its been that long, but i found the proof that ive been here since october 2010 because i remember being here for just over a month before i got my first promotion to SA and i was so giddy. I was happy that i was able to contribute to a clan i recently joined and that they accepted me and appreciated me.

I have truly held many positions in vg and earned many rewards and met many many great people. before i get into any more details about my career here i just want to show the proof:

Guest_shinobi1735_*
Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Ok guys We have a new squad and will be discussing a name change but were see how it goes.

Practice Type
Squad:Mayhem
Game Mode(s):Team Deathmatch, Domination and SnD

Roster

SL Shinobi1735
SA Gw_Prophet

Members
Socom_6_Deathrow
Silv3r_XIV

I remember each of those players so well it was like yesterday, but alas I am the only remaining member of my first SS group. Ive had so many great times with everyone and met even more amazing people the longer i was in vg that i really thought i was going to be a life time member.

Unfortunately, disaster struck after many positions held ranging from SA to SL in CoD, BF, and even holding GO for the failed Socom, and DCU divisions when i took up the role of GO for the Guild Wars Division. At the time (after 1 year of my being in VG) Luetin was still the head of vg and quite active and he had some strict rules with new divisions and i ended up having a falling out with him and it was something that i wish i could have changed as i have no hard feelings with him over this, just the fact we had different views and oppinions. I have talked to LT since and it all seems well

I ended up leaving VG with a few other members in tow and created a new clan that opperated fairly well for a month when it started to fall apart. we all were starting to do things in real life that were just more important than a clan so i cast it aside and went on my way for another month until i came to a spot where i was able to be apart of a clan again and yearned for that community gaming again. Fortunately i had good friends in VG after i left so i was able to start over fresh (only sucks because i had a lot of medals, ribbons and awards) and i thank DT for this as well as the rest of the CoC at the time because they were why i loved VG so much.

When i came back i found that LT was busy away from VG with his videos and real life stuff and that so much had changed in the couple months i was absent. I started to pan out my desires of the clan as i got integrated with a ton of new faces and even some old ones that i was happy to see. I started being more active than ever and being so happy doing so that i feel i had a great second family here and I decided that this is what i look forward to doing the most and supporting so i become part of the first wave of game leaders and was so happy to take an active role that i have run with it ever since and have met some of the most amazing people i know in VG

I can say now that everyone ive met while being a GL has impacted me greatly and i thank each and every one of you for being there (you know who you are) and that i hope to keep this going and see many of you climb the ranks and help the community out as i see the potential in each and every one of you.

So my final part in this testimonial is to say that i am glad i have met you all and that i hope to keep meeting more amazing people here and that you all enjoy your time here and that i thank each and every member i have come across including the fallen that some i still talk to because its nice to know no matter how far apart people are a bond can still be formed

Thanks for reading my mini novel,

G-Dub

• DynamiteTiger, King-Rooster and RagingSton3r like this
Posted Image

Lloyd

Lloyd

Senior Community Member

• General
  • 1,142 posts

Good read man, though I was expecting a massive twist or cliff hanger at the end :D

• gw_prophet likes this

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

i knew i was forgetting a part of the story......well i guess its good enough for chapter one haha

Posted Image

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*
  • Forum Guest

I can say now that everyone ive met while being a GL has impacted me greatly and i thank each and every one of you for being there (you know who you are) 

I'm not sure, am I? lmao :P

Good story man.

I have to say the internet/VG really helps with making friends, because with not really knowing who someone is, you can build your friendship on each others personalities and just when you find out what race he is or what he looks like that might be off putting for some people, it can just make the friendship better and just help because afterwards you don't even care what he looks like, or who he is.

That could also help in the future when meeting people IRL, with not immediately judging how someone looks

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

glad you liked my part of the history of VG....you know that might make a good topic headline for testimonials.....The History of VG....by US

Posted Image

Luetin

Luetin

Admin Ret.

• VG Prestige 2
  • 4,296 posts

OH I see how it is prophet lol while im away eh ;D lol no no worries mate I dont even remember what all that fuss was about now it always happens in clans. But the best is to leave it all behind and get on with having enjoyable games and enjoyable squads with the people you play with.

I think everyone has these experiences I cant even remember how many altercations I have had in the past 15 years of being in so many different clans and guilds.

VG is the best right now for quality people and I hope it continues to expand within the philosophy we have for running things here

"A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world”

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

yeah i feel the same way and i am going to do my best to help make sure that this community keeps growing and prospering with our ways

Posted Image

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts
Omg..

Coming up on 5 years......it's been a crazy 5 years, but every one of them in VG has been awesome

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Posted Image