Captain's Log: 6 Months In

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*
  • Forum Guest

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy and learn something of me, forgive though if it's gonna be a weird, I'm not that good in writing out stuff and starting with everything coming from the top of my head. (I hate this part about dyslexia)

Let's just start somewhere in the beginning,

Well yeah, before VG I was in a battlelog clan. It was a small clan of 6 people, we all became friends but too bad 2-3 of them are getting a PC or just not getting a PS4. The clan Leader was WastedPenguinz, he is my actual neighbor, and we've been friends for a long time, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have had a PS3 for a long time. The first thing he made me interested in the PS3 was CoD MW2, and a few months later I asked it for Christmas and had to pay most of it but got one of the best investments I've ever made.

A few months in the battlelog clan I was becoming better at the game, most of the time I would end somewhere like 7th place on BF3 and after a while I suddenly ended 1st, 2nd or 3rd depending on who I was playing with.

6-9 months ago the clan kinda broke apart but it didn't really matter because we were still talking to each other and are still friends. The main reason we broke apart was because WastedPenguinz joined VG and when he was online he was mainly playing with VG. and 6 months ago he said I should join and I just joined VG and I never regretted it ever since, the main reason he said I should join is because A-Team was just a cool squad to play BF3 with.

Before I officially joined VG/A-team I played 1 practice with A-team and even though I wasn't that much of a talker yet because I didn't know anyone but I had a great experience. And the first few practices were great because I was still learning and Frost exactly said what we were doing or what we needed to do. 

Now he doesn't really do it anymore, but now it's really a group effort to say, how are we gonna do this.

What I wanted to get out of VG has come true but if I had known that it was so much different than just a gaming community I would have expected more that all came true, the main thing I asked for was nice teamplay and friends to play with.

After a while I became big in the shoutbox and just love every second in the shoutbox, you get to meet other sides of VG, you get to have great conversations and just make friends.

A few months in I finally met Prophet, he has probably become one of my best friends in VG and considering he's 27 (if I'm correct) and I'm turning 17 tomorrow (24th of July) that's really great, because it's just great to meet other people in VG.

I'm socially pretty bad so VG has really helped me with that a little as well, even has made me better at English (well talking English, not so much grammar) but it has also helped me a little better with my dyslexia.

I've also had some depression for a few months because of stupid school stuff but VG has helped me just keep my mind off it. So that was really a great help, also with E3 being busy, I was still kinda depressed but it really was helpful because E3 is just great and it was a lot of fun putting all the trailers up and it made me feel needed and it was a lot of fun.

VG has also made me just feel good because most people in real life look at me and think oh, he is 16 so I don't respect his opinion or just thinks it BS because why could a 16 year old know something a 25+ person doesn't know. And a lot of guys in VG just respect my opinion and sometimes even get advice from me that they think is really good advice or something like that and that has just made feel sooooooooo good. (I'm just welling up just thinking about how great they have made me feel, a lot of thanks to all)

VG has also made it hard for me to choose who I'm gonna play with because I've made so many friends and it's gonna be really hard on the PS4 when my friends are playing different games.

I just want to thank you all in VG, A-team has been a great squad to me and it will be for a long time, I'm also want to thank the guys who made their testimonials a month or so ago to give me some inspiration.

I've had great fun with Dommo and Surm from other squads, hoping to get to know more people in VG especially once we're on the PS4.

I also want to thank Lloyd just being great with the Gaming news stuff.

And I just want to thank Prophet for being great and for having some future dream where we might end up working together, or at least being great friends (hope it will happen). I just hate Timezones, I never really get a chance to play with Prophet but when we do we have great fun and hoping we get to play more often in the future, or just try and get together every weekend.

And I just want to thank everyone on the Shoutbox I've talked it was a lot of fun.

These 6 months have been great, hoping there will be many years more. I hope you enjoyed it, it took me somewhere between 2 hours and 1 hour and 30 minutes to write this but it was a lot of fun.

• DynamiteTiger and gw_prophet like this

Lloyd

Lloyd

Senior Community Member

• General
  • 1,142 posts

Great read man, glad your enjoying your time here. We all game for different reasons, we all joined for different reasons, but we all stay for the same reason...because we know that no other clan will come close to replicating what we have here.

• DynamiteTiger likes this

Guest_RAYmyc896_*

Guest_RAYmyc896_*
  • Forum Guest
Everyone say happy birthday to Zwabber tomorrow! 17th Birthday!!!!

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

hey, im glad we could all be an inspiration and help to you, espesially me. Im glad i got to meet you because your truly one of the most awesome people ive met in vg and there are a lot of them lol. just keep up the good work and ill keep doing my part to see if we cant get some more game time in

Posted Image

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*
  • Forum Guest

hey, im glad we could all be an inspiration and help to you, espesially me. Im glad i got to meet you because your truly one of the most awesome people ive met in vg and there are a lot of them lol. just keep up the good work and ill keep doing my part to see if we cant get some more game time in

Okay, you on for all nighter Friday? 

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

um....well.......

HELL YEAH I AM. couldnt think of a better way to spend the last friday of the month than with VG haha

Posted Image

Guest_Mine166_*

Guest_Mine166_*
  • Forum Guest

TL:DR ;)

I'm kidding, great read that, glad to have been a part of your good VG experience man!

-Mine

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts
  • Timezone:MST

What a great testimonial Z! And let me say, you are way too hard on yourself about your english. It's better than many I know from NA. ;) And don't worry many times it take me about the same amount of time to write a post that long. :P

Glad to have you part of the community ma man Z! :salute: