• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Thedappa07

Thedappa07

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 2,229 posts

Hi peeps

well I have avoided this every year, and its about time heading up to my third year, best bite the bullet hey ? :)

So here goes ….i joined because i hate playing team games with out team players. There's not one person that is still here, that isn't really  a team player in some way. In real life I'm awkward with meeting people i get really anxious  but i enjoy writing and having discussions with people all over the world on the internet, VG has helped me be more open In real life through opening my mind to new things and people. I had never been in a clan before and now looking back I would never of thought I would have progressed to where I am now, never used forums or really understood code for posting or anything really lol but with help from Senior members I learned quick ! heres my history, impressions and honest feelings of my time in Verities Gaming.

It all began when i was searching on the internet for clans. The first one I found was VG, i suppose I got lucky, but overall they offered what i wanted, just friends and good players.

So I signed up and was put into Chimaera Boot Camp playing Badcompany 2 :) Cluskey was SL and Eddy was SA my overall feelings where wow i can learn alot from these guys, they told me alot about the history of the clan and Shadow company etc and suggested to get some games with the other squads. By being open and willing (which was hard at first) , I came to know the whole of the BF division 1st and 2nd batt playing all types of games not just BF. Some of my favourite times where playing GT5 after practices with Eddy projekt and regalfunk and the BF fun nights eddy started were awesome! 

The website was also something that i found amazing, i could talk to people across the world and even join/create my own tournaments/events as a member, i made sure i got on the site as much as possible to have a bit of banter with the COD players, or witness some funny arguments that would keep me entertained until a admin showed up lol

Not only was there a fun side to VG but a serious tactical and high standard from everyone in games especially the senior and veteran members. Luetin was the BF DO Clusk Worker CO's and the other leaders at the time were all focused on team play and Dominating not just winning.

After passing bootcamp i stayed in Chimaera, Eddy, Projekt,  Regal, Optic and nozmoking started a new squad "Delta"  I later joined :D and as a squad went on to Come runner up in the BC2 tournament :D

Got promoted SA/SL  when Eddy and projekt went to PC and regal left. Later Delta dissolved because BF3 just came out BC2 slowly died and we didn't support it. We condensed all the 2nd batt into 1 squad "Phoenix" I think there was only 10 of us at the start , so i was in Phoenix as SA with the remaining BF members ready for VG's 2nd Battalion to rise from the Ashes. 

BF3 came out lots of recruiting from everyone in which i became Bootcamp Leader and returned to my home Chimaera squad.

After Clusk stepped down as Bootcamp leader and CO of BF, LT also left DO to venture into youtube vids which got VG lots of new members, not to forget he was going out of his way to make us Videos just for the clan for BC2 which we were all grateful for, and he was soon getting recognised for his talents and velvet tone lol

As i learned the Admin side of being a SL and checking in new members i tried to spread that same experience i had on my first practice to every new member i come in contact with.

Applied for XO got it and just sort of evolved into head check in officer lol

Bobby was CO and DT was now DO of BF and they have both helped with the admin bobby then stepped down and i took over as CO for BF3.

Minecraft moderator ,again just sort of happened i built alot with YSS and everyone else when it was abit more popular and yes iam still building imperial city after 2 years haha. come and check it out you cant miss it!

So that takes us up to now Im CO , Check in officer, MC mod and squad leader of one of the nicest group of guys i have ever met. :D

I hope if new members read this they come to relise that its not just a one way thing here you Have to give if you want to get back. whether thats just 10 mins on the forums or playing your favourite game with a friend all night.

Squads are such brilliant things because you grow together, being here so long i have experienced births :D deaths :( of squads family and have celebrated members birthdays through drunken exchanges on a crappy mic lol.

its the moments and the people that really make it special here, everyone is polite and civil and comes together as one big family when anyone is in need of help.

I love helping people so message me if you need anything i have trained alot of people and set up alot of templates and systems we use to get members settled into VG.

On my adventures I have been in many squads met lots of faces and even people who have moved on I still talk to. I like to think i have worked hard to build the BF division with more squads and more members. At the end of BF3 i think we have done that and thats a platform for BF4 that can only get bigger!

special thanks to all my SL's and SA's who have worked so hard during BF3 to keep their members active.

The early help I received from Cluskey DT Eddy LT Bobby YSS Brido Adam Flow Dilian Worker Demon Efunk Clusk Callly Desert Optic  and well everyone lol is just legendary. all you guys are family to me, we fight and make up but it always comes back to the games and thats what makes me smile :D  VG has a special place in my heart and I will never leave i have stayed through thick and thin. Stay cool Veritas people and thanks for reading.  <3 xXx

Here are some golden oldies from Bc2 and BF3, me as a squad member! and prince break dancing :chewbacca:  

GMRU.jpg

MVSC_zps75f5c9d7.jpg

PVGI_zps2da1c02a.jpg

IMG_0278_zps83b6ceb5.jpg

• Lloyd, Dingoli, RipleyExile and 1 other like this

Guest_Trazker_*

Guest_Trazker_*
  • Forum Guest

Nice testimony dappa! And we are glad to have you in VG! :)

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts
  • Timezone:MST

Every once in a while a member comes along that just gets it. They understand the community and what we're striving for and run with it. Dappa has been that kind of member and the reason he continually has been an outstanding leader. We could not have come this far without you. :salute:

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*

Guest_CaptainZwabber_*
  • Forum Guest

oooh, Sony tv :D

Guest_McChubbin89_*

Guest_McChubbin89_*
  • Forum Guest
hay dappa, nice testimonial! cool screenshots aswel lol. anyway i think i have only played one game with you and it would be cool to play some more :) hope to see you on the battlefield soon

Guest_Dommo7_*

Guest_Dommo7_*
  • Forum Guest

Cracked up real bad at Prince's "moves"

I hope to spend many more rounds on the battlefield talking about irrelevant crap and making each other laugh

Love you SL <3

(No homo)

Luetin

Luetin

Admin Ret.

• VG Prestige 2
  • 4,296 posts

Great testimonial I am really enjoying reading all these older and new members posting these at the moment.

Its going to be really helpful when I role out a recruitment vid soon.

Great to have members like Dappa making VG what we always set it out to be.

• lTimeless likes this

"A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world”

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Guest_princesushifufu_*

Guest_princesushifufu_*
  • Forum Guest

Naw, cheers for showcasing my dancing talent, Dappa. 

I know we haven't been playing as much recently, but you've been a bloody amazing SL throughout my time here, so thanks a million. 

:chewbacca:  :chewbacca:

Thedappa07

Thedappa07

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 2,229 posts

WOW so much love thanks guys its been special and here's to many more years :D

• Dingoli likes this

Dingoli

Dingoli

Shadow Squad Member & MC

• VG Prestige 2
  • 2,481 posts

you're the best SL i ever had :D and keep the bike vids coming  :thumbsup:

Guest_paddywaba_*

Guest_paddywaba_*
  • Forum Guest

you're the best SL i ever had :D and keep the bike vids coming  :thumbsup:

Hear, hear! :D

Guest_Mine166_*

Guest_Mine166_*
  • Forum Guest

Phoenix<3

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

dappa, this is amazing. i cant believe my 2 years is coming up soon and i dont have a testimonial yet lol. the more of these i read the more i want to get mine done. its been a pleasure playing with you even if its only briefly. its great to have you around on the site and i hope it stays that way and we all get to enjoy it like you have

Posted Image

Cluskey

Cluskey

Inactive

• Inactive
  • 1,942 posts

Thats ma boy

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image