A Year So Far...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Guest_Dommo7_*

Guest_Dommo7_*
  • Forum Guest

This month marks 1 year in VG for me and having had a little time to reflect I decided I would add my testimony. 

I first discovered the clan when I by chance entered a game with Bobby and a bunch of other VG's, Bobby was in my squad and I was prepared to receive the usual abuse that can be expected when joining any fps game with a microphone. My expectation were not met to my great pleasure as me and Bobby played for hours and talked casually about everything from Battlefield to musical taste. It was after a good few hours of conversation that he invited me to join VG, at first I was extremely dubious as every clan I had ever encountered in game were rude, ignorant and arrogant. I reluctantly signed up and was placed in Chimaera Squad with other squad new comers Dingoli, Paddywaba and Princesuchifufu. The first few practices were awkward encounters as we all got to know each other but my SL TheDappa encouraged everyone to be themselves and talk openly. Eventually I became friends with my squad, something I never really expected to happen as they were just people I played battlefield with. Over time I came to understand VG is way more than just a catalyst for gameplay without stupid blues and more a community were everyone's opinion, belief's and personalities are both valued and respected. This last year seems to have flown by however I have made some of the greatest friends I've ever had that have been there for me through a lot of tough personal times. I guess I just like to say thank you to VG and to my squad mates for being top class gentlemens :D So to Dingo, Paddy, Prince, Psy, Surm, Dappa, Un-Co, Little, Doflip and everyone else in VG thank you and I look forward to another great year with you dudes :D 

And now for some chewbaccas 

:chewbacca:  :chewbacca:  :chewbacca:  :chewbacca:  :chewbacca: 

• Lloyd, Dingoli, RipleyExile and 1 other like this

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts
  • Timezone:MST

Hearing stuff like this is what makes all the work worth while. Thanks Dommo. Im glad youre a part of the community. :d

Dingoli

Dingoli

Shadow Squad Member & MC

• VG Prestige 2
  • 2,481 posts

that is so beautiful,  :

RipleyExile

RipleyExile

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 2,730 posts
I feel a tear welling up. :D

Posted Image

Guest_13Teutone13_*

Guest_13Teutone13_*
  • Forum Guest

Great Testimonial! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Thedappa07

Thedappa07

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 2,229 posts

This made me smile after a crappy day, its nice to see this after all the work we all put in. i love everyone here but hav mad wookie love for all our squad! x <3 x thanks Dom dom  :wub:

:chewbacca:

• Dingoli likes this

Guest_paddywaba_*

Guest_paddywaba_*
  • Forum Guest

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ee925OTFBCA

:D

Desert_ViiP3R

Desert_ViiP3R

Community Member & MC

• Community Member
  • 1,061 posts

This is beautiful Dommo *COMMENCE WATERSHED MOMENT*

Posted Image

HAF 932 Full tower|Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H|I5-2500k @ 3.3GHz (to be OC)|Asus GTX 660 2GB|Cooler Master GX 650w PSU| WD Black Caviar 1TB HDD|Corsair Vengeance 8gb red RAM|

Leading Cadet, B Flight, 316 (Leigh) Squadron, Greater Manchester Wing, North Region, Air Training Corps, RAF

Op Hunter III, Holcombe-Moor, Nesscliffe, RAF Northolt, RAF Cosford, RAF Woodvale

Guest_Dommo7_*

Guest_Dommo7_*
  • Forum Guest

Paddywaba :') that guy makes me laugh every time.

Guest_Surm-raisk_*

Guest_Surm-raisk_*
  • Forum Guest

tumblr_m6kkirTTUK1rtu3xyo1_500.gif

No homo

• Dingoli likes this

Luetin

Luetin

Admin Ret.

• VG Prestige 2
  • 4,296 posts

This was awesome to read, and it makes me really pleased to know that what we started a few years ago is still carrying on now.

When me and Brido Trazker Adam and some of the other guys first got together in a squad these were the ideals we really appreciated as gamers. Now we ended up moving to SC which it has to be said for a while was awesome but slowly it didnt really fit with the ideals of what we wanted a gaming clan to be. So it actually was a great thing we ended up being pushed to create VG as it has grown to become much more than we originally anticipated.

The whole point of VG is to have a clan space which doesnt have the ridiculous pressures and egos that seem to be so widespread in especially the fps communities

Its really excellent that VG still gives a good place for people to connect with likeminded opinions and attitudes to gaming :LT:

• DynamiteTiger and Dingoli like this

"A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world”

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Guest_Dommo7_*

Guest_Dommo7_*
  • Forum Guest

Thanks for all the replies guys :) 

I wasn't really expecting anyone to look at this. 

gw_prophet

gw_prophet

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 390 posts

this was a great story....i love reading these testimonials and its making me want to get mine up even more now lol. thanks for sharing dommo and i hope that these memories keep going for you

Posted Image