Watch Dogs

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

VG-Snapey93

VG-Snapey93

Community Member & MC

• Lieutenant General
  • 1,688 posts

i didn't see a topic about this which is a massive surprise this game took the show for me it looked soo different and the fact you can hack most things and there's no missions you have a complete open world seems amazing to me and i cant wait to learn more and see more it looks like a great title coming to ps4

What do you all think??

sorry for the link im rusty at topic making n dunno how to make it a video on here lol

Posted Image
Produced by TSG. Your-So-Serious-

Guest_Bobby_5-4_*

Guest_Bobby_5-4_*
  • Forum Guest
This game looks totally awesome, the way it flows and the graphics on the system are amazing. I look forward to adding this to my PS4 games collection!
  • VG-Snapey93 likes this

VG-Snapey93

VG-Snapey93

Community Member & MC

• Lieutenant General
  • 1,688 posts
agreed the things you can do , and you can what you want , wheen you want and the options are limitless just hack people and the systems in the city looks pretty cool, no matter what you do they'll be option to help you , its the first of its kind ive seen of this.

Posted Image

TheWayOfTheHook

TheWayOfTheHook

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 1
  • 1,692 posts
  • Timezone:EST
I gotta say, it really took me by surprise as well. I remember seeing something about it before, and not really being interested. But after the sony conference, I really want it lol.

Posted Image

"I'm a bird, I don't have a butthole" - Quickevilmatt 2015
"We can win fights, if we don't lose them" - KaminoHikari VG Aeternus 2015

RipleyExile

RipleyExile

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 2,730 posts
This is the one that caught my attention the most before the conference and still has it more than the others they showed. While all the others looked pretty, this is the game withe the most original idea/concept behind it I think. I'll be getting it on the 4 definitely.

Posted Image

Guest_carp07_*

Guest_carp07_*
  • Forum Guest
This game is a must get!!!!!! MUST GET!!!!

georgewesker97

georgewesker97

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 627 posts
The game looks awesome, cant wait to play in in full hd on my PC. Btw, you do realise that it's coming to all platforms?

Guest_maczo12310_*

Guest_maczo12310_*
  • Forum Guest
Ripley, it looks better than the others because its being in developement longer. It was announced on PAX in 2012, and since then we already knew it will be on PC and new gen platforms. It looks nice indeed, will buy.

RipleyExile

RipleyExile

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 2,730 posts
Mac, it wasn't the graphics that caught my attention, but the concept behind it. That first look we got of it back then when the main character was in the nightclub wasn't graphically impressive.

I don't have a gaming pc, but I will be getting a PS4 and that will be my chosen platform to buy it on. Don't want it hindered by the hardware limitations of my PS3.
  • VG-Snapey93 likes this

Posted Image

georgewesker97

georgewesker97

Community Member

• Community Member
  • 627 posts
Even at PAX, they showed him going at on streets and making a giant crash and some other stuff and driving a car and shit ton of other stuff.

Guest_Malsangui_*

Guest_Malsangui_*
  • Forum Guest
Can't wait for ps4 and that game now haha

VG-Snapey93

VG-Snapey93

Community Member & MC

• Lieutenant General
  • 1,688 posts

New Vid Released

Posted Image

VG-Snapey93

VG-Snapey93

Community Member & MC

• Lieutenant General
  • 1,688 posts

A lot of what I saw in the E3 Watch Dogs demo was exactly what I had expected—car chases, gunplay, and melee combat, with lots and lots of hacking scattered throughout— but there were two things that really surprised me. The first was just how well fleshed out the hacking system is. Not only can you tinker with things in your immediate vicinity to help turn the tide of a fight or make a speedy getaway, you can also tap into a security camera, then use your new vantage point to make changes to things you couldn’t see originally. This ability led to some pretty nifty scenarios, like one where Aiden hacked into a webcam in a private residence, then stole information off a cell phone, and another where he moved from camera to camera in a chain, eventually manipulating things that were a few blocks away from him. My mind boggles at some of the strategic options that sort of gameplay might enable.

The other surprise? You’ll be able to jump into other people’s single-player games and attempt to hack their profilers. It’s a bit like invading someone’s world in Dark Souls. You just pick a target, hop into their game, and they’ll show up on your minimap for you to track down. They won’t know you’re there until you initiate the hack, and in order to stop you, they’ll need to figure out who you are—particularly difficult, since you’ll appear to them as just another random NPC. These two features might not wind up being major mechanics, but they’re indicative of the sort of interesting attention to detail that seems poised to set Watch Dogs apart from the rest of the crowd.

Source : http://www.egmnow.co...013-watch-dogs/

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kPYgXvgS6Ww

Posted Image

VG-Snapey93

VG-Snapey93

Community Member & MC

• Lieutenant General
  • 1,688 posts

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=LJnnI7w4nQk

multiplayer trailer , sorry its not a video still don't no how to bring up a video on the new format 

Posted Image

Guest_Lostmixup_*

Guest_Lostmixup_*
  • Forum Guest

So I've played through Watch Dogs completely (not 100% just beat the game and then some) and I have to say I'm satisfied with what I got. It's not the greatest game in the world but I like it. Some things here and there could be better, like the driving could be a little better (I like arcade-like driving but it's a little stiff) and the games story could be better.

The story was fairly predictable at some points, and there were some clear cliche's with the characters (Contracted Killer/psychopath = Jordi; Overly worried sister = Nikki). The characters were overall well acted; Jordi Chin (Aaron Douglas) being my personal favorite.

Gameplay was overall solid, most everything worked well. The free running was a little stiff sometimes and I wish that there were more things to do with hacking, by that I mean more things to use directly against the enemies when hacking (you can blow up a grenade in there hands or blow out their ear drums). The hacking eventually boils down to press X and something either explodes or messes with traffic. There are some nice camera jumping sequences though that really made me feel like a hacker sometimes.

The multiplayer is alright at best. Invasions can either be very fun or quite annoying depending on the situation (trying to start a mission and being hacked) and play out just the same. Most of the time the invading player will hide high and behind cover in a place where you would never look (which is smart on their part) and is blocking the only camera that can see them (you can block cameras from other players by using them) leading to the invading player just watching the hacked player run around in circles freaking out like a headless chicken (I had this happen to me once or twice).

The rest of the modes work well enough, racing is self explanatory, and free roam is similar to GTA IV's in that you simply drive around and shoot things a majority of the time. Decryption is interesting in that one player (or one team of players) has to get a data file decrypted before the other players do. The catch is that it doesn't matter how much of the file is decrypted by a player if someone else has the file when they finish decrypting it they win. This leads to some incredibly frustrating losses and equally exhilarating close finishes. You are rewarded based on how you did in the match though so a lose or two isn't that big a deal. There is also tailing which is just hacking, but you follow the player without them knowing; and the mobile challenges which I unfortunately did not try due to some connection issues at the time. 

I felt that Watch Dogs was a solid game overall, the story was B movie material and the multiplayer lacks variety (only 6 game modes, two of which are basically the same thing) and barley takes advantage of being a hacker (only invading really makes me feel like a haker and why no team based hacking, stealth game mode like Assassin's Creed has or a KOTH mode), but the gameplay is solid, good fun; more than I had with many other games currently out on PS4.

TLDR version:

Is good but not "11/10, The Bioshock Infinite of video games" good (quote from Adam Sessler).

Opinions people?

VG-Snapey93

VG-Snapey93

Community Member & MC

• Lieutenant General
  • 1,688 posts

From playing the game at 59% done campaign and others like you, i found it good i found the story did go abit thin at times and i felt they could of explored more stages in depth but don't take this away from a well acted and well written story.

there is no doubt Watch dogs was designed for next gen  and i felt it offers more than what i bargained for i really enjoy the different weapons (more than i expected) and the investigations gave me something to do which often led me interested to purse and find the rest of them.

Free roam is very enjoyable and i see finding my self with things to do even if i do reach 100% this is because i love helping with save people from crimes and hacking at my own will.

Driving i find is good for a game that doesn't have much of a racing background, saying that i don't believe they use any physics from future game the crew, which im not sure whether or not it was an option to of added, but im glad they didn't use Far cry driving as i find that abit to sensitive where i agree it is abit stiffer but in a good way.

Lets get down to brass tanks hacking the core, i found it smooth seem less without delay like the whole game, most people will say they would expect this but i found i never had to wait behind a loading screen and  if it did they made sure i was kept interested in the story, but back to hacking i love the options and i like how they can bring game play from a standard game to a world on your fingertips i will admit i find with hacking its slightly to easy to avoid cops and gangs.

Online is different and unique and i find i want to wait for all the updates and things added to it first from what ive played ive loved playing it and i enjoy slipping on a 10 min or so.

i will admit i couldn't join any mode with more than one v one which upset me abit because i was hoping to play abit more of the online so ill wait and see before adding more.

Overall the Snapey final stat.

Game 8.5 / 10 Great game to start of next gen gaming.

Story 7 / 10 Great story that kept me interesting despite could of gone deeper into.

Game Modes 9 / 10 Digital trips side missions investigations everything to keep going after story

Overall 8 / 10 i will be playing this for many months and will look to enjoy how they take it up a notch with DLC which includes a new single player mode.

i would give areas to improve but this is 1 of what i think a long line of watch dog games to come and as a fan of AC Far Cry i believe in ubisoft delivering more to this title in future releases.

Posted Image

TheWayOfTheHook

TheWayOfTheHook

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 1
  • 1,692 posts
  • Timezone:EST

I've had a fair amount of time in the game, and i'm enjoying it. It is far from game of the year, but its fun.

It's obvious that this was a rushed game, despite the delay. The difference between the footage shown at e3 and the final product is pretty big. Look at reflections in the windows, it isn't the correct image, just one copy and pasted (can be a street reflection, when in an alleyway). The whole non 1080p/60 fps bothers me as well. The game looks alright, but is far from the best looking game on the system (Infamous imo). The spawn in for vehicles/Pedestrians is also pretty bad as well.

I don't have that sense that the city is as alive, which I know they hyped up.

I hate the driving, I may be slowly getting used to it, but at times it can be flat out frustrating. I cringe whenever it comes to a driving mission. The vehicle physics and damage are also pretty bad.

Hacking is fun, but repetitive at times. Love the stealth hacking with cameras though. Wish there would've been more unique things to hack. Hacking in car chases is pretty much a quick time event, when it blinks blue, hit square.

Story is interesting, hooks me in at times, but it's no Last of Us.

I'd give it a 6.5/10. It's fun, and I may pick up the DLC, but I feel that it was way overhyped. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another yearly franchise. They should take their time with the next one, and make sure it's perfect

Posted Image

"I'm a bird, I don't have a butthole" - Quickevilmatt 2015
"We can win fights, if we don't lose them" - KaminoHikari VG Aeternus 2015

VG-Snapey93

VG-Snapey93

Community Member & MC

• Lieutenant General
  • 1,688 posts

i gotta disagree abit i hope they do make more maybe not yearly but they could have it in and out every 2 years far cry n watch dogs etc.

Ubisoft is under pressure this year and are releasing game left right and center maybe they need to work out a plan instead of bring 3/4 titles out in a year.

Posted Image