4 replies to this topic

TheWayOfTheHook

TheWayOfTheHook

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 1
  • 1,692 posts
  • Timezone:EST

Posted Image

To start off, I wanted to say that I'm coming from a bluetooth headset that came with warhawk (jabra or something was the brand). I've had the headset for about a week now, and wanted to do some good testing with it.

The only game I've tried it on is Battlefield 3, and I gotta say, I'm really impressed. The 7.1 surround sound is really amazing, I've heard things that I haven't heard before in game.

For example on Grand Bazzar, when you first start the round, you can hear a helicopter. You also can hear footsteps a hell of a lot clearer, which I'm not used to.

I've also tested it with music, and the music I listen to is very heavy and has a good amount of bass. It, is also a lot clearer than I've heard before. You can hear the bass guitar a lot more clearly. I was also watching the Golden God awards, and I thought one of the speakers was blown in the headset, but it was actually an amp on stage

As for the headset itself, it is very comfortable. I could wear it for longer than the batter lasts lol (which is about 7 hours). I like the button/slider placement, and the overall look is pretty cool.

The only real downside with it that I've found so far is a weird hum while talking to people on psn. I think that it's on the psn side, since it doesn't happen on the computer/skype, but it's still kinda annoying. All the sounds in game will overpower it, so it isn't too bad. If anyone else with this mic does or doesn't have that issue, let me know. If it's the mic itself, I might exchange it.

Overall, I gotta say it's a good buy. It'll cost about $110, although I can't really compare to the other surround sound headsets, only the bluetooth one I had

Posted Image

"I'm a bird, I don't have a butthole" - Quickevilmatt 2015
"We can win fights, if we don't lose them" - KaminoHikari VG Aeternus 2015

Guest_M1N1_9_*

Guest_M1N1_9_*
  • Forum Guest
I really want one of these and I've heard they are pretty good. Can't give advice on the mic problem as I haven't got one but I think some of the lads on here do. I would get one but not paying the price for it.

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,005 posts
  • Timezone:MST
The buzz comes from psn or other peoples mics. I hear it too and mines a TB wired headset.

TheWayOfTheHook

TheWayOfTheHook

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 1
  • 1,692 posts
  • Timezone:EST

The buzz comes from psn or other peoples mics. I hear it too and mines a TB wired headset.

ah ok, thanks DT. Would've hated to have to exchange it. Just one of the many things that a surround sound headset picks up I guess lol

Posted Image

"I'm a bird, I don't have a butthole" - Quickevilmatt 2015
"We can win fights, if we don't lose them" - KaminoHikari VG Aeternus 2015

Courtjeaster010

Courtjeaster010

Community Member

• Colonel
  • 689 posts
My turtle beach will every now and again make the loudest buzz noise to where i have to take it off for about a minute. but then it goes back to normal. That is just my headset and crappy turtle beaches. The sound your hearing is just sony's network and other mics :)

Posted Image
Produced by TSG.Your-So-Serious-