DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts
  • Timezone:MST

474260_20131129105901.png

Veritas Gaming January 2015 Newsletter

New Beginnings for Veritas Gaming in 2015

January came and went quickly as it always does and the new year begins whether we're ready or not. Throughout VG many member have started the year on new paths and experiences both in and outside of the community. This has brought many staff changes and a few new squads and game lobbies. We are in the midst of restructuring and will do our best to get everyone back on track.

Click the content to skip to it:

Contents:
Battlefield
League of Legends
Destiny
Minecraft
Call of Duty
Game Leader Lobbies
Web Team
Social Media
Final thoughts from DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

BF3.png

Battlefield

The transition into the new year has seen many changes for us over in the battlefield division. It has seen the departure of many squad staff, some of whom had been around for a very long time. It is not however all sad as the departure of our old staff has seen the introduction of new staff and they have all fit their role with fantastic efficiency and commitment. We have had a new SL and SA for nearly every squad and the changes they have brought with them are truly appreciated by me as well as the BF XO's. Speaking of which we have also gained ourselves a new console XO, Mr Davidgd98. Now I am not going to lie, I was desperate. We needed an XO and no one was stepping up, just as I was about to lose all hope, there it was. A PM with the subject name "XO application". I had been saved. David, on behalf of all battlefield console squads I thank you and encourage you to keep up your already amazing work. 

We have also finally been able to revive the Battlefield 4 squad on the Xbox One, this is excellent news as it means we can further expand our division and reach new heights of success. Welcome aboard Xbox users, your arrival has been much anticipated.

In other news, the League of Death has once again started for the PC EU squad Hydra Attack. If you are not familiar with LoD and did not read the last newsletter please go here to learn more and sign up. VG has continued in our success at LoD by gain an outstanding 1700 ticket lead in the very first week. This has been thanks to our mastermind commanders, our dedicated players and out squads pure tactical superiority. If you are in any doubt about VG's success at this competitive event I will share a small piece of anecdotal evidence in the forms of quotes:

At the end of the second round of the night a teammate who was part of another clan exclaimed in the chat box: "Dammit VG you could have left some space in the top 10"

If that wasn't enough, at the end of the night upon reflection of the games we had now finished, we were deciding on the best way to balance teams when one of the admins came to a game changing conclusion: "It doesn't matter which team we put VG on, they will dominate both sides"

To the new Squad Staff I wish you the best of luck!

To Hydra Attack Squad: Let us always strike fear into the hearts of our enemies!

To VG: The battlefield division has never been so alive, this is the year of battlefield! Come, join us and see yourself fly to victory

Drametheus,

Battlefield Division Officer

• Totem-777- and LU1J1X like this

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

LoLbanner_zps64ac7422.png

League of Legends

Within the League of Legends Division, we are almost by definition a new beginning. This last year has seen many changes for us in the form of setting up squads on new servers (hello EUNE and NA players), and a roller coaster ride in terms of staff. I myself, VG Wolf Claws, have only recently been appointed Division Officer and it's with great pride that I accept the challenges set forth for the coming year.

Our new beginnings have already started within the League of Legends Division with several staff positions currently being filled at both the Squad and Senior Staff levels, the latest of which is VG AngelDescent becoming the Commanding Officer for EUW - congrats Angel :-)

After a few discussions with Senior Staff, we've already set out a game plan to get renewed and reinvigorated activity from our dedicated Structured, Flexible, and Community Members and are always on the lookout for members that have shown the desire, passion and maturity to take up leadership positions. With the many members within the League of Legends Division, finding enough staff to help run things smoothly is always our number one challenge and hopefully with some inspiration we should have all staff positions filled. To our staff who have moved on from their positions, we wish the best of luck in their given circumstance or decision to step down.

Additionally, we already have our first successful tournament of the year under our belts - although it could've been more expansive which is something we hope to tackle for our next one (which will be sooner rather than later).

Winners of the LoL Tournament:
Restform
VG Crystal
Vegeta997
SkuZu
Meganizm

These members will be receiving their mystery gifts/skins within the next couple of weeks. On top of this, congratulations go out to Vegeta for being voted as MVP who will be receiving the two latest champions that have been released.

We are constantly looking to improve, evolve and grow and less than a month into the new year, we can already see this taking shape.

VG Wolf Claws,

League of Legends Division Officer

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

post-5-0-43701300-1410143296.png

Destiny

The Destiny division as a whole is strong.  Interest is not waning, and friendships and fireteams are being forged daily.  Recently, Crota's End hard mode was released, and the various squads are gearing up in order to take down that piece of moon trash on the highest level of difficulty.

Incredible efforts were made in the last Iron Banner event, with full fireteams taking on the masses and coming out victorious. Rank five never looked so good, as we had a chance to compare the ever popular fatebringer with Timur's Lash, as well as replacing the slightly underwhelming raid gauntlets with fancy wolves and trees. This will provide a solid base of expectations moving into the next IB event, between the teamwork and success of recent past.

Division specific, we are excited to bring back the VG Destiny All-Nighter (last Friday of every month), leaders are Livestreaming almost every single night, and a new drive for recruitment will be taking place very soon. Our squad staff is making waves and should be applauded for their efforts to make sure no Guardian fights alone.

Coluejack,

Destiny Division Officer

• cnsrapp likes this

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

mcbanner_zps3ef5e417.png

Minecraft

The Minecraft division has seen a few changes over the past year, mainly the switch to a new server with a lot better performance. Also a restart of the world we are playing on. A Feed the beast pack has also been launched and a server has been setup for that as well.

Minecraft 1.8 has been released, but sadly we are still waiting to switch over from 1.7.5. This is mainly due to the fact that we are running a few plugins to protect certain builds but also to prevent users from grieving. Others that will be affected is the sleeper plugin, which makes it easier to pass the night and we of course have the Home system, which allows you to always go back to your house/base quickly.

We did find a suitable replacement for the Bukkit plugin system since that is now pretty much gone, testing for that is in the works and with a little bit of luck plugin makers will quickly switch over to the new system and we'll be able to upgrade the server to Minecraft 1.8.1.

Now I have heard the question quite a few times, but why not just run a completely vanilla server without the plugins? Well, we have different ranks so many different people can do many different things. For this we need an advanced permissions system, and that only comes in the form of a plugin. We are also of the belief that users should just be able to play and have a good time and not worry about a lot of the things that come with pure vanilla minecraft servers like grieving or stealing.

For this year we would also like to plan a lot more special events in which we get a group of players together and play Ultra Hardcore or kill the dragon, kill a bunch of wither bosses, do a large build, do mini games and more of those fun things.
This of course requires some planning that our current Minecraft Staff are working towards.

Zazra,

Minecraft Division Officer

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

COD%20BG.png

Call of Duty

Let's be blunt: Call of Duty as a division in VG is in trouble. Interests change, people stop playing, and suddenly you're left with a shell of what used to be. For those of you reading this that wish to help out, Drummer978 has taken the reigns and is looking for help on all platforms. He needs people willing to lead squads, post attendance, guide new recruits, and help bring in more recruits. I have faith that Drummer can do this, but he will certainly need help. Apply here if you can help:
 http://www.veritasga...orms-na-and-eu/

VG Sav,

Veritas Gaming Admin

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

GLbanner_zps88ad9a58.png

Game Lobbies

Hello UglyWornOutShoe here, I'm the new PC Corps Commander. For the last 10 months I have been part of this great and awesome community. I started as a structured member for Battlefield and made my way up to Corps Commander. Since an early age I enjoyed gaming on the pc and consoles. starting with of course Wolfenstein, Doom and the C&C series. Once I had my first fast internet connection I started to play FPS games online. After a few years and with new friends even a bit competitive, but with school and work I didn't have the time for it anymore. Now I play for fun with some of the most fun people I have ever met in game and online. Well this is enough of me for now, on to the PC CC stuff.

We still need Game Leaders's to host game lobbies. If you are interested in being a GL for a game we don't support in a division please sign up here:*
http://www.veritasga...-all-platforms/

For the existing game lobbies there will be some changes and I want to ask all the active GL's to think with me to make this a more active part of VG and grow the PC Game Lobbies into a thriving division.

Also I want to try to host a lobby every week, and play some different games every week. So if you have a awesome game you want to play with some members let me know and I will try to set it up. One game I will try to play more often will be Planet Side 2 on the PC.

UglyWornOutShoe,

PC Corps Commander

*Note from the Editor:
Just a quick clarification on Game Leader Requirements: All we need is people who are willing to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours a week to host a game lobby at the same time every week. Simple as that. Then we can start to promote the lobby and encourage more activity.

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

web_off.png

Web Team

The web team is working on a number of things at the moment. The rosters are getting an update, the front page will receive an update in the near future as well. An ATS update is planned as well, but this will be quite the project, so it will take some time before anything can be shown for that. The live stream page is receiving updates regularly now and will hopefully be completely done in the next month. Some other things are planned for the live streams as well, but they are in very early stages, so we can't say much about those at this time.

Also what we would like to try, is get more feedback from the community about how they feel we can improve the forums and website in general. If you have an ideas or suggestions you would like to share, please make a topic in the Idea Box here:
http://www.veritasga...2-the-idea-box/

We will also be looking to rebuild our graphics team, there will be a post on the forums for that soon.

Zazra,

Head Web Officer

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

sys.png

Social Media

We are still looking for more people interested in streaming on Twitch. xxJoyGamerxx, bennymac2009, Fr0nt1er, and cnsrapp have taken the bulk of the streams and have done a fantastic job keeping content on the channel. However, we still need more people to keep the channel running as often as possible. We will be working with a new schedule set up in February, and there will be many opportunities available for interested members to stream on our channel. Contact VG Sav if you are interested.

We are also looking for VG members with active YouTube channels to display videos on our front page, and the VG YouTube channel. If your interested in having any of your videos posted (linked, not re-uploaded) on our web site and YouTube channel, reply to this thread here:
 http://www.veritasga...st/#entry158678

VG Sav,

Veritas Gaming Admin

DynamiteTiger

DynamiteTiger

Management Team

• Administrators
  • 8,004 posts

admin.png

Final thoughts from DynamiteTiger

As we in the Upper Chain of Command have been reviewing the last year in VG there are some interesting stats we learned that I'd like to share. Our web site front page received over 64,000 hits. That is huge. Just think how much work our validation staff have done to insure our community is safe and secure. Our forums front page received a shocking 24 MILLION hits. That means you the members are here and clicking, reading, and staying engaged.

With a rocky start to the year we are seeing that we need to get back to basics with structure, and community growth. Over the last year we grew exponentially and with all growth comes the struggles of inadequacy in the forms of staff, organized lobbies, and the loss of needed protocols and checks to insure we keep the structure continually supporting members. Over the next few months you will see some slight tweaks and changes to VG structure and protocols so we can optimize our efficiency as a community.

For me the year has been full of amazing memories from DTFM to epic game time in the BF, Destiny, and Minecraft Divisions. This year my personal goal is to play more games with more people. I hope you all will follow my example. We have countless amounts of new members over the last few months and many who have not played with VG members even once. We all need to show our commitment, loyalty, and belief in this community with our actions. That often requires us to put aside our personal wants or needs behind those of the community, whether that's staying up late to do attendance reports or going out of your way to warmly welcome a new member.

We all came here for the same thing but sometimes forget that there are new members who are suffering from the same anxietys and needs we did at one time. The more and more we grow the more we will need willing individuals to graduate from student to teacher. Lets not forget that VG is not about the game, but about the people playing those games. Remember: The community will never be what you would like to see it be, unless you do your part in making it so.

If you have tried to reach out to me and feel like Ive brushed you off in the past year not making time for you, or feel Im inaccessible, please do send me a PM. I just as we all suffer from the over complications of real life responsibilities and do my best to prioritize every minute of every day.

From myself and the rest of the VG Staff we thank you all sincerely for your loyalty, commitment, and passion for this gaming community.

DynamiteTiger,

Veritas Gaming Admin

• lTimeless, VG OneloveLL, cavemanb04 and 1 other like this

Coluejack

Coluejack

MC mod & VG Prestige 1

• Server mod
  • 619 posts

It blows my mind how much time and effort is put in by the squad staff to the upper CoC.  I hope our membership has the opportunity to read through the newsletter, and offer a nod, salute, or raised glass to those who make everything happen on VG.

Here's to a great 2015!

cnsrapp

cnsrapp

Community Member

• Inactive
  • 586 posts

Another great year ahead for VG!

Guest_Davidgd98_*

Guest_Davidgd98_*
  • Forum Guest

Indeed We will keep working hard to make sure we keep prospering even more.

Thu-en-apah

Thu-en-apah

Flexible Member

• VG Prestige 2
  • 1,887 posts

My 2 cents worth...

What drew me to VG and eventually a member, SS, and SL is the comradery within this community, the leadership and vision by those who started this clan.  At my age I wasn't looking to gain or regain shall I say, my youth...lol, from a gaming world thought by many as a "kids" outlet.   But to the contrary found a kinship of guys who in my experiences have the same thoughts of FUN but yet want to band together as a "team" to WIN!!  Winning is not everything...IT'S THE ONLY THING...LOL! 

Thanks! to the Admins and those involved making this an Ageless..Fun..and Team Clan.           

• DynamiteTiger likes this
"What's wrong with the World Today is....No One drinks from the Skulls of their enemies anymore"